Sunday, September 30, 2012

Cake Decorating Part One Complete!

For the past month, I have been taking a cake decorating course.  I have been wanting to do this for a long time, and I am glad I finally signed up.

We learned many techniques, but some of the tips I am going to put to use the most are using butter cream icing, using the proper tip for decorating cupcakes, and learning about all the different (and expensive) tools for cake decorating.

On our last night we were given the challenge of decorating a cake any way we wanted.  I chose this spider web cake.  I had a blast doing it!  I am looking forward to part two!
My spider cake


1 comment:

Laurie said...

Your cake looks awesome! My husband and I absolutely love cake decorating. We always get asked to decorate cakes/cupcakes for family functions. So much fun!

Great job!