Monday, November 11, 2013

Remembrance Day


Remembrance day, such an important day, and yet such a hard day for little ones to understand.  I certainly took advantage of every chance I had to explain and help my boys and my students to appreciate, if just a little bit, the importance of Remembrance day.

Griffin gets it!  He is full of questions, he is inquisitive and wants explanations as to why there needs to be war, and offers solutions to end war.  He appreciated our assembly today at school, and was disturbed that the boy beside him didn't know enough to be quiet.  This is a boy with heart.

 This is a picture that Griffin drew after hearing "In Flander's Field"
I love the details... just months ago, he was drawing stick figures.
 
I found this idea on Pinterest, and our school jumped all over it.
What a great way for a school to capture student's thinking and making it visible. 


This is Griffin's Remembrance Day art from school.  I just love that Mrs. M, incorporates art in many of her lessons.  Griffin is just thriving because of it!


This is the art that my class did.  Poppies in Flanders Field
 

No comments: