Friday, April 17, 2009

Maddie Sphors


After watching Oprah on Monday about Unconventional Fathers, I went on the the website: http://www.mattlogelin.com/ to learn more about this father that lost his wife to a blood clot hours after their baby girl was born. This past year he has been raising her on his own with the help of mothers around the world sending advice via his blog. A great, heart-touching read.
If this wasn't touching enough, I then read further down on his blog about a little girl named Maddie Sphors that just died on April 7th at 16 months. I have been absorbed into this story for the past week, I haven't cried as much as I have cried for this little girl. She was born three months premature, and has endured sickness ever since. Maddie's story is well documented on her mother's blog: http://www.remembermaddie.com/index.php/who-is-maddie/, once you take one look at her eyes, she has you.
I think what you can learn from their experiences the most is gratitude. I am most grateful for my chance to be a mother to my two wonderful little boys. Grateful for their health. Grafeful for the opportunity for love like no other.


No comments: