Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Right Stuff!

I know you are all anxious to hear each and every detail about my NKOTB experience.......
Let me tell you, I was like a teenage girl all over again completely smitten by Joey Joe and the rest of the group.









Marci and I embarked upon our adventure on Sunday Afternoon. We headed downtown Toronto, found a cheap parking spot (15 extra dollars in our pocket) and then went to eat at The Lone Star. There was a movie being filmed just outside the ACC , with Nicolas Cage..... he's not my cup of tea but it was still neat to see. Our dinner was delayed because the tortilla machine broke down. Seriously I was a like a child waiting for Christmas to arrive, I couldn't handle the thought of being late for the concert. Dinner was free (another 40 bucks in our pocket)!

We then headed to the entrance to find a skelper that might have better tickets we could trade up for. Talk about slimy!! We managed to trade up for an extra 40 each (which by this point we felt okay about because of our earlier savings), only to find out we didn't notice the tickets were for two different rows in the same sections......stupid US!!!

Didn't matter, we ended up sitting in some empty seats and managed to stay there the whole time because nobody showed up to sit in them....seriously there wasn't an empty seat anywhere and we managed to find two.

Natasha Beddingfield opened and was great....bad outfit but still good! The atmosphere was sooo much fun. The entire place was filled with girls our age dressed in their old NKOTB tshirts or wearing new ones just purchased. There was even a girl who had made a skirt out of an old pillow case. I couldn't help myself I had to by one! 40 dollars later, I had a tshirt and was ready to go.

The concert was a blast. The entire crowd danced the whole night away. The guys sang all of their old stuff and lots of their new stuff. They looked and sounded great. Our seats were really good, but we decided to try to get a bit closer near the end. Luckily we were able to swindle seats in the fifth row right beside the stage. Literally the guys were 5ft from us. The only drawback was the drunk girl that really wanted us to stay beside her, hug her, dance with her, scream with her, you get the idea. Check out the photo of Marci and the drunk girl!

The concert lasted for two hours, and didn't disappoint! At this point you're all probably laughing at me, but I can't tell you how much fun we had! Certainly a night to remember :)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I've been waiting to see these pictures!!! Glad you had such a great time.