Sunday, January 4, 2015

A well needed reminder!

I received this email from a former student/co-op student this past week.
Simply made my day... and a good reminder that what we do, really does matter!

Hi Mrs. Bird,
 

I am writing this email to let you know that today I received my first university acceptance for concurrent education at Brock University! I just wanted to write to you and let you know, as well as to thank you for all of the time and opportunities you have given me. I have always wanted to teach, but working with you just confirmed how much passion I have to work with kids and just how rewarding and fun it all can be. I know from personal experience with my mom that teaching can be a very thankless job, even if you put so much time and love into it. I wanted to make sure you knew just how thankful I was for working with you and that you have made a great impact on my life. You were always very encouraging and I can't think of a happier moment then when you shared my successes with both myself and my mom. You allowed me to do a lot more than I think most school co-op placements do and I am very thankful that you respected me enough and knew how capable I was. You were continually willing to take me on, even just for the half hours in the afternoon and that shows just how much you really care about your students. I know that as a teacher there are many hardships you battle with students and I just wanted to take the time to share my success with you to remind you of all the good you are doing even if you may not know it. I cannot thank you enough for letting me into your classroom and your teaching secrets and will definitely take your planning and ideas into consideration when I one day have a classroom of my own.  I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas, and have a very happy new year!
 

I will not forget how much you have helped me and have led me to where I am today, Thank you!
Yours sincerely, Hannah 

No comments: