Thursday, May 15, 2014

Book Gala!

 I hosted a Book Gala for my students and their parents in April at the Public Library in the Children's Department for the students to display the non-fiction books they created!  Students wrote letters inviting their parents, grandparents, principals, the Director of Education and many more.  We were thrilled with such a huge turn out for our special event.  

I still have the story book I created when I was their age and the effort that was put into making this book is a memory I have kept close for all of these years.  I had wanted this event to do the same for my students.  I am certain they won't remember the tests, or even the lessons, but they will remember the Book Gala they attended with their families in grade 2!



Our Book Gala even made the front page of the newspaper!
 Peggy and Julia our special invited guests reading one of the books.



Our Director of Education reading one of my students stories!


No comments: