Thursday, November 22, 2012

LOVE Advent Calenders


I love advent calendars.  Before we had kids, I remember making little mittens for our Christmas tree with the numbers of the days of the month in December.  Each day, either Tony or myself tucked a treat in the mitten to be found in the morning.  I loved receiving a surprise every other day.

For the last couple of years, I have used various advent calendars for the boys including playmobile and candy treats.  This year I found some cute advent calendars on Pinterest.  Take a look, they just may interest you!

1/ This cute advent calendar has a vintage feel with tags for each day of the month.

 2/ I love the the coloured clothes pegs hung with homemade treats.

3/  I love these cute little socks hung on a red piece of ribbon.  Each sock has a date and treat hidden inside.  This reminds me of "Secret Stocking" that I use to do with my class each year.  Every student would bring in a sock and we would hang them in the class.  Each day, a different student was assigned to bring in a treat for each sock.  The kids loved arriving to class to find a treat each and every day of December!
 
 4/  This is a lovely twist to the advent calendar.  Each day a new card is revealed with a family oriented activity to do together.
5/ This final advent calendar is a mix of two things I love.  
Branches in jar + advent calendar = LOVE
I can just imagine what little treats can be hidden in these little envelopes :)
 

I would love to know what your advent calendar looks like.  Please send me a message and picture of your advent calendar and traditions.  I will share them for all to see!
 

No comments: