Friday, December 2, 2011

My Christmas Tree


This year, I have my very own Christmas tree (purchased on boxing day last year)!

I have been having a ton of fun decorating it. I first thought I would use bright blues and lime greens, but it just didn't look right. I then tried red, and it wasn't what I was looking for either. I then brought home neutral cremes and golds and I loved it! There is a hint of green, and even a few red and blue peacocks that Owen just had to have. Owen has turned out to be a great shopping partner when it came to looking for christmas decorations. He knew what his "taste" was and how he wanted to decorate my tree and the mantel. While at Home Sense, Owen had seen a deer that he just loved on previous visit. When we went to look for it, it was no where to be found. Owen was on a mission, when he couldn't find it he asked a sales lady to help him. He described it very well, and she was so impressed she spent a lot of time helping him find it and even going to the back to hunt it down. We were out of look, it was sold. We then went to Winners hoping they would have, and went through the same things. Again, the sales lady was very helpful and felt very bad when she had to tell him they didn't have it, I think the look on his face said it all, he was very upset that we didn't find it. But we did find the red deer on the mantle in the picture below. He is also to thank for all the beautiful peacocks he just had to have!

No comments: