Thursday, August 27, 2009

Owen is Ready for School.....but is Mommy ready for Owen to go??


Owen went to JK orientation yesterday. He LOVED it!!! I was so proud of him for joining in the scavenger hunt, not being afraid, and acting like such a big boy! When asked about his favourite part of the day.... the fountain! God they love that, don't they.

I am not sure how I will fare on Tuesday when off he goes for the first day. Or if his teacher will have the heart to kick me out of the class when it is time for me to go. It is just hard to believe that he is growing so fast and is starting a new phase of his life....school!

My heart is breaking just a little. I wish plans had worked out differently and I would be teaching at the same school as he was attending. One of the reasons I went into teaching was to allow me to be near my children. I always wanted to be able to check in on him and not miss out on his assemblies and school events. At least my class is going to be reading buddies with his class and we will get to visit once a month!

Good Luck Owen, I am certain you will be a star!


Do you think they will be able to teach him how to smile??? HA!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Awww, great photos!
Hope he had a great first day! (and you too :)